


This weekend we celebrated my Godson, Robert's, first birthday! Robert is my best friend, Heather's, third son. Our other best friend, Anthony, and I baptized Robert. Its always so much fun to get together with Anthony and Heather and of course our spouses, girlfriends, and children.....and this year, it was nice to see Frank and Traci too! Heather lives about 2.5 hours from us in upstate NY, and Anthony about an hour, so needless to say we don't get together as often as any of us would like. We ended up doing what we always do, putting the kids to bed, and playing poker until midnight....I won the first game :) It was a nice relaxing time, and it was fun watching the kids get along like they always do. We are all hopeful that our children somehow share the special bond that we all do, so far I think its happening.
Today is a nice and lazy day. We got home, picked up our dogs from the groomer where they slept last night, and now the kids are in the basement and we're watching the Giants game (go G-Men they just scored again as I type this) ... I'm about to go make some pancakes (GFCF of course) and bacon for dinner. A lazy Sunday for sure. The time change was NOT welcome by us. most people it means an extra hour of sleep, for us it meant waking at 5:00 am instead of 6:00 am., as Carmela did not understand the memo to sleep in later. So after playing cards until after midnight, then waking at 5:00 am, we are all exhausted. An early night for sure for all of us!
We are so hoping to hear from Cecilia of our agency this week at some point or even a social worker to schedule an appointment for our homestudy.

No comments:
Post a Comment