Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Our application was approved!

We received a phone call from our homestudy agency today, which means our application was approved. I was pleasantly surprised to receive this phone call, as I wasn't expecting to hear anything until Friday the earliest! What a nice suprise! So now we start our homestudy. In doing so, we have another application to fill out and another autobiography to fill out! After we mail in our application and autobiography to our homestudy agency, they will call us to set up an an educational meeting at their office. This will be an all day event. We will learn all about adoption, having an interracial family, how to answer questions our child asks, etc. I am excited for this, as I think you can never have enough information on these topics! After that, they will set up the official homestudy, where a social worker will come to the home and speak with us for 3-4 hours about everything under the sun. Hopefully then we are approved, and hopefully after we are approved we receive our REFERRAL! A referral is basically photos and the medical reports on the baby who is to be our child!

On a totally different topic, Joey and I did our American duty this morning and voted, did you???

No comments: