Yes, we are still in the midst of an issue with the time change and jetlag! I have heard from many that it takes 7-10 days for their little bodies to make up the difference and we are only really on day 5, so hopefully by the weekend, we will be heading in a better direction. The past two nights was the same thing. I put her to bed about 7:30 when she is so exhausted. She sleeps well until about 10:00 pm. Then she wakes up and thinks its play time. This time is the only time we get to see how much she likes to talk, screech, and have fun! Unfortunately it doesn't end until close to 2 am when I am exhausted. Then I wake her at 7:30 am because I want her to get on our schedule. So since a 9 month old should be getting 12 hours of sleep at night, we are getting 5. Because of this, though, she naps pretty darn good! I control her naps though, also in an effort to help her get her nights/days figured out. We will get there. Just takes a bit longer than I'd like to see!
Unfortunately we are ALL still sick. My fever has finally gone away, but I am left with a nasty cold. Chris got sick yesterday, along with Carmela. Poor Carmela woke up with a 102 fever yesterday morning. This morning it was a 104 fever. Joey woke up with a fever this morning. Joey, though pretty sick, will still play for short periods. Carmela, on the other hand, just lays on the couch and watches tv. She just looks so sick. It is heartbreaking.
I really think that once Juliana gets the proper amount of sleep, we will start to see some of her personality coming through. Just the little bit we see at night makes me so anxious to see the rest of it! I think she's totally going to fit in here with the loud screeches that comes from her mouth, in a happy way!
I am off to take a nap while my 3 angels are sleeping....still trying to feel better myself!

6 comments:
Love all the new photos!! I get tired just reading about your lack of sleep!!!
Juliana is so cute Jackie. I hope everyone feels better soon. It must be so hard going through all this change and excitement being sick and getting no sleep. I am really enjoying your blog!
Shannon and Riley :)
I feel very empathetic that you all are sick and sleep deprived (at a time when you are trying to comfort your newest daughter)!!!
I wish I could bring you some soup and food!
I think as you all recover this next week will still be tough---but I have a hunch (or a hope!) the next week will be better and maybe the week after that---Juliana will feel more comfortable and the real 'her' will immerge! It is great to see the photos!
get well soon!!
Nancy (i am on the holt board)
Oh, jet lag is so hard! Hopefully Julianna will have her nights and days straight soon. Poor baby!
When Ella first came home, she would go to sleep around 11 pm and then ready to start her day at 3 a.m., like clock work. She was also her most playful when she woke in the middle of the night!! I remember it being about a week...so hopefully you will be turning a corner soon. I did the same thing...allowed very little napping and lots of sunshine during the daytime. : )
I had no jet lag for our first China trip, but the second one...I had it very bad and it really is miserable. Okay..enough of my jet lag stories. lol!
I hope you all feel better soon and that you start being able to get some sleep.
Jackie -
THANK YOU for blogging about this transition! It's really helpful.
Your down-to-earth tone is perfect for talking about this too.
I sure hope you are all feeling better ASAP!
((Jackie))
SHe is so cute... thanks for sharing the pics. I am glad things are coming along. I am sure you are enjoying your sweet girl.
Tracy
Post a Comment