Sunday, March 29, 2009

Happy 10 months, baby girl!




This is our first time posting a "birthday" post with our baby girl at home! How exciting. Juliana turned 10 months old today. I think I am still in shock that she is home! For the most part, things are going MUCH better! Lets see, I am not going to lie, the first two weeks were tough. Juliana had a love/hate relationship with me. Her relationship with her daddy was pure love, but I was a different story. I posted about it before how you can see how guilty she felt attaching to me, like she was cheating on the only Mom that she ever knew in her short life. It was heartbreaking to see. I tried so hard to remain patient, but it was so hard. On the two week anniversary of her being home, things started to look up. People told me that it would get easier at 2 weeks, and it did, exactly two weeks. Now she will look for me saying "mamamama" and she calls for her daddy too "dadadada". She laughs with me all day long now, and she will even start to venture out and explore, which is huge. Still not too sure about that part, but getting there. She is really starting to love the kids as well, I think. She really is starting to fit right in here. She is teething. She came home with 4 teeth and got two more quickly thereafter. I can't see anymore coming through, but she is constantly drooling, mouthing, crying in pain :( I don't miss the teething, that is for sure!




On Friday she went to the pediatrician for the first time. She is 17 lbs 9 oz. and 29 inches tall. She is 20% for weight, 90% for height and her head is in the 90th % too. We think she may have allergies, but we will hold off before seeing an allergist, it is so early to say so I am not too worried yet. No shots for this appointment, actually not until she turns 15 months old, I was very happy to hear that! Overall, it was a great appointment, and she did well.




We are having a bit of an issue finding a soy formula that agrees with her belly! Her Korean formula didn't run out until this week (I still don't know why we got two weeks of formula, most only get a few days! But I am not complaining). I tried Good Start right away, but that was a no go. It just didn't agree with her stomach. Then, we tried the Walmart brand as my pediatrician swore it was the same nutrition as the Similacs and Enfamils. Well, since then she's been crying a lot, and I'm thinking its the formula (but she drinks it down so obviously likes it). I am thinking of going for Similac next, not sure what to do!!!! Someone told me to try Target next. Its just a guessing game I suppose.




Other than that, things are going well for us.

5 comments:

Megan said...

Congratulations! We "met" on the Colombian adoption boards and I am so happy for your family! Happy 10 month birthday! Sorry to hear about the tummy trouble! You might want to try Enfamil Lactofree and if that does not work, may want to try Nutramigen (I am a pediatric dietitian)....Hang in there! You will find something that works for her. If you have questions, email me at meg_early@hotmail.com.

All the best!

StarWarsFans said...

I love her smile in the swing. How fun! She is such a cutie pie. I didn't realize our girls are exactly 1 month apart. Cindy turned 9 months on Saturday. I sure hope she's home before she hits 10 months.

BTW, what size clothing is Juliana wearing? With being both tall and skinny, is she already in 12 month clothes? I'm trying to figure out which size Cindy will be wearing. Hopefully we'll get a WBC this week so I have a better idea what to expect!

Colleen said...

What great photos!! She looks sooo happy swinging in that swing looking at her mama!! I'm glad to hear that there is a light at the end of the "two week" tunnel! I hope you have some luck soon finding a formula that works.

So happy to read an update....and happy 10 months, Juliana !!! :)

Anonymous said...

great pictures!

i am glad that she is settling in! so nice to read that!

LindseyB

Jenn said...

Congratulations. I think I read somewhere that Asians are more likely to not be able to consume dairy since the exposure to it is more recent. I don't know about the Korean formula but I remember when my first born was having trouble with major eczema, my pediatric dermatologist asked us to try Alimentum. He didn't drink as much Alimentum as he did Similac (regular) so my pediatrician told me to switch back and I wonder if that was a good move in hindsight. All I know is that he's off dairy and soy for the most part now. So is my little one. Good luck in finding a formula.