Monday, December 29, 2008

Happy 7 months, Juliana!

Today is Juliana's 7 month birthday. I miss her. I know that 7 months is a relatively short time when I consider for the rest of my life Juliana will be in my life, yet it hurts like hell having her so far away. Happy 7 months, my daughter. I pray that you are happy, thriving, and getting all your needs met. I love you.

I have gotten many emails asking how I am doing. Thank you! I am feeling a bit better lately, the pain is not as intense, which is great. I live in a fog right now, though, which my doctor explains is because of the high dosage of meds that I am on (cipro and flagyl!) Last night was my last dose so I am hoping that I am back to normal soon. I have an appointment with a GI specialist on the 5th of Janaury, and will schedule my colonoscopy then. We are hoping that it was just an infection of the colon and is a "one time deal' but because I had two attacks in such a short time (Thanksgiving and Christmas Eve), it is likely that it is ulcerative colitis. We will know more once I have my colonoscopy.

And my really bad news of the holiday season, my friend Lisa lost her husband, Rich (42), unexpectedly on Christmas Eve. I am asking for a lot of prayers for Lisa and their two children Emma (5) and Daniel (3). Rich was such a nice, outgoing guy. He was wheelchair bound due to MS, but you would never know he was suffering by knowing him. He did not let this disease slow him down. This really put things into perspective for me, and while at a time that I could be feeling sorry for myself, I realize that missing one Christmas Day of my kids' lives is nothing, we will have many more Christmas mornings in our future. It also helps me appreciate my husband, Chris, and all he has done for me throughout my short sickness. He has been by my side, helping me feel better and get stronger. Thank you, Chris. Tomorrow is Rich's funeral, and I am lucky that I have friends that have offered to take me there since I can not drive at this time. Please continue to pray for Lisa. Times are so tough for her now both financially and emotionally, but as I told her, time will heal her wounds. I pray that she stays strong for her two children, and that somehow they can feel joy in their hearts and love in their soul again.

2 comments:

Tracy said...

I am right with you hun. I will be praying for you that things move quickly. I understand how bad you want your baby home. Keep your chin up. You will be together soon!

Tracy

Angie said...

Jackie - We lost a dear friend on Christmas day too. We are sad with you, and also grateful to have so much. Thinking of you...