Sunday, February 01, 2009

Our first gifts to Juliana...




A few weeks ago I called my agency to ask if I would be able to send a little gift to my sweet angel. They said I could if I sent something small enough that could go with their mailings to Korea. So Carmela and I made our way to Target, and Carmela picked out a blanket with a teddy bear that says 'I love you". I picked out a photo album that was very baby friendly. We came home and picked out photos to put in. The first picture is of Chris and I at Aunt Lucy's wedding. The second was of Carmela, then one of Joey. We couldn't forget a picture of our furbabies, Ansky and Eli. Lastly, there was a group picture of Carmela and Joey with their 3 cousins, Gianna, Dominick and Anthony on Christmas. The kids slept with the blanket for a few nights to get their "scent" on it and off it went.

How much longer? I have heard this so many times already. Yet, I'm not sick of answering it (quite yet, I may get there). I really do not know. On Thursday when I found out we were logged out of the National Visa Center and that our file should be arriving in Korea this week, I was ecstatic. We have one more hurdle to jump through, and then our little girl would be home. Then the rumors started flying...and now, I am scared. See, because I flew through the United States side of things, my paperwork in Korea may not be ready and I may end up waiting for it. I realize it is out of my hands, though, so I can't waste my time worrying about what I can't control. I am thankful that my daughter is being taken care of and really has no clue what is going on, and all the heartache that I feel. She is bonding with her foster mother each day, and really that is a GOOD thing! And her sweet foster mother gets to enjoy Juliana and care for her while I can't. I really am thankful for that. How do you repay someone that is taking care of your child for all these months? You just can't, you can only be thankful and realize that again this adoption is on God's timing.....

5 comments:

The Gronewold Family said...

Another option for you, if you want to send a package is to find another family that is traveling and send it with them. We sent a package a few weeks ago to our daughter through a family traveling and then are preparing to send another package in a couple weeks. We can only send our gifts in a clear 1 gallon plastic bag - but it is an easy way of sending a gift.

Wanted you to know that so that you can ask around to others traveling soon if you decide you want to send more gifts.
Brooke

Waiting4OurAngel said...

Yay!!! I am so glad you got to send her a package-now hopefully we will get a pic of our girls opening their package.

Cori said...

Jackie,

We are so lucky that our children are safe and loved while they wait to come home to us. I know that wait is hard, but just think how long you have already been waiting! It's not just the light at the end of the tunnel that you see...it's the actual end of the tunnel! Your sweet baby will be home before you know it.

As for the foster family, I wrote something very similar on the day we took custody of Seth. There really is no way to repay someone who is willing to love your child despite the fact that they know they are going to be heartbroken. The love and support the foster families give our children is invaluable and will be felt for the rest of all our lives. It overwhelms me even now to think about it.

I will be hoping for speedy paperwork for you!

- Cori from the ESWS group

Dawn said...

I am sending the same album and I blanket to Vietnam soon!

Anonymous said...

i know the waiting is SO hard, but i promise you that soon, it will be a distant memory. juliana is very lucky to be so well taken care of right now and i know that brings you small bit of comfort.

i am still cheering you on and am so excited as the big day draws closer! :)

LindseyB from BW