And so was Carmela's recital.
I started this blog in hopes to write down my feelings about Juliana's adoption journey. Instead of writing in a baby book, which I have no patience to do for some odd reason, I figured this would be a nice way to write down my feelings/our milestones etc. Lately, I have not been so good at keeping it up. I want to change that.
So last Sunday was an extremely fun day at the Beitler home! I got up at 6:00 am to start cooking and getting things ready. By 3:00 pm, our house was full with our immediate family members, which included my Mom, Chris's mom, my sister and her 3 kids, my Uncle and his wife (Juliana's Godmother), my other aunt and uncle and of course my two Grandmas. When everyone got here, we were so anxious to get Juliana dressed in her Hanbok and we set everything up on the coffee table. Lets see we had a rice cake for prosperity, a thread for a long life, a scissor to indicate that she's good with her hands, a $1 bill indicating rich, a baby doll to indicate lots of babies (it is supposed to be a red date but I had a hard time finding them), and a knife to say she'd be a good chef. We then placed juliana in the middle of the table a little ways away, so that she could crawl up to what she wanted. She started taking off, and then really studied each peice on the table before making her decision. We were laughing at what thought she put into this! She took the scissor first, and then the thread. So she will be good with her hands, and of course live a long life :)
Afterwards, we enjoyed my home Korean cooking. We had bulgogi (delish!), potato in sweet soy sauce, spinach namul,water kimchi and of course jasmine rice. Everything was really good! It was a bit rushed though because I had to clean up and then start getting Carmela ready for her recital.
Carmela's recital was awesome. I was SO SO SO proud of my big girl. She is growing RIGHT before my very eyes. She, of course, in Carmela fashion managed to make the entire audience laugh. After her first performance, my sister cheered her name on, and the entire class gets off stage and she says "WHAT?" looking into the audience for my sister. Then the teacher tells her to get off the stage and Carmela says "wait, I'm talking to my Aunt Lauren" .. we were hysterical. I can't wait to see the video of it.
I will have to post pictures in a bit...I'm off to get the princess from school and then heading to my sister's house to see Dominick. He had his tonsils out yesterday, and is in a lot of pain. Nothing like his favorite 3 cousins to cheer him up!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Hi, Jackie-
I know this comment will be so out of the blue, but I am wondering if I can talk to you via email regarding your Korean adoption with Love the Children. We are north of Scranton.
I am kind of writing out of desperation and tears right now. My
husband and I have had our dossier in China since 2006 and the wait may extend another 5 or more years. I just don't know how long we can take this. We just found out today that we now have to do a whole new home study, all new paperwork, etc. with of course thousands more in fees. We have already renewed once. We will probably have to renew a few times more.I am just devastated.
I messaged someone on a board (Angela) and she referred me to your blog. I hope it is okay that I contact you. I sure would love to talk to you if you have a minute.
My email is octaug@usnetway.com
if you can. I really, really hope to hear from you.
God bless-
Kerrie
Post a Comment