Sunday, April 19, 2009

Lots of walking and bouncing going on!

What a busy busy weekend we had. It started on Friday. Grandma Judi left and two hours later Mom-Mom came! We took the kids outside and I grilled up some hotdogs and burgers and we ate outside. It was a beautiful evening. The kids played and then off to a bath and in bed.

The next morning we woke up early to run around and get out of the house quickly to attend Carmela's Walk for Autism. It was BEAUTIFUL out and the kids had a blast. We were joined by my Mom and my friend Katie, her husband Matt, and their two children. The kids played in the bounce house, got their faces painted, and rode a little ride while we waited to walk. We ran into two of Carmela's therapists while we were there as well, which was nice. Carmela was so surprised to see them and thanked them for coming. She is too sweet. Carmela is starting to question why we walk for her, and she came to her own conclusion (while ignoring what I say) that we walk because she is allergic to milk and wheat. I am wondering if this is because my nephew has a walk for food allergies that we attend each year. After the walk we got home, relaxed and then hung outside again. This time I just made something quick for the kids to eat, Carmela and I baked cookies, and my Mom took Joey outside to blow bubbles. After cookies, it was bath time and bedtime.

Today we woke up and the kids played together while watching television a little bit, then it was off to Church. Juliana was a handful in Church today. We got home, I fed the kids lunch and put them down for a nap. Carmela was so excited for her party today that she woke up at like 4:00 in the morning, so she needed a nap. I woke everyone up and we went over to Bounce-U for Carmela's "kiddie" party. I can't even begin to explain how thrilled I was for my sweet girl. In the entire two hours we were there, I did not see one problem with her behaviors. She played with the children SO well and she really really had a great time. She introduced her friends to one another, played a lot with Diana, her best friend, and just really was so typical. It was so beautiful to see. After the party, we came home, she opened her presents, my sister and her kids came back to the house and we ate dinner together. The kids played (wonderfully of course) and then my sister went home and the kids just went to bed.

It was such a busy weekend, but all for fun things!

2 comments:

Colleen said...

Sounds like you had a busy, but very fun weekend!! ( hey...can adults bounce in those bouncey places?!!! I used to LOVE the moonbounce as a kid!!!) :)

Cori said...

So glad to hear that things are going well!!